Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Sizzling Singapore - Part 3

Bosses always have the terrific knack to catch you off-guard and test your time-management abilities. My flight was scheduled to depart in the late hours of a good Friday night. Having completed the assigned tasks for the day and mails promptly sent, it was high time for me to rush home in the damn OMR traffic and then head to the airport. Just as I was stepping out of the cubicle, my boss called me up and asked me to send him a top-priority collateral by Sunday afternoon so that it could be reviewed by him and shared with the customer on Monday. 

You think things got spiced up here. There is more to come.

Clearing the immigration without any hassle, my friend picked me up and we traveled in the Metro and Bus to reach his house. Since my friends were there in Singapore, accommodation wasn't a big problem as I stayed in his home. After a speedy shower, it was decided that Universal Studios will be done and dusted on Saturday.  

Having had a decent lunch before boarding to Universal Studios (US), it was fascinating to be inside the Studios and exploring their zones like Shrek, Lost World etc. The parades were eye-catching and colorful as a butterfly. And the rides were extremely high on adrenaline especially the ones based on The Mummy and Transformers. Stellar thrills that will confirm to give you the chills. As the sun lessened its intensity and began to shed his rays, the crowds were also scattering like the movement of gas molecules. The queues thinned out and we had one more shot at The Mummy Ride. It was THAT freaking fabulous. The big roller coaster was closed due to maintenance and that was the only one sniffling issue which I had to carp then about the hypnotizing place.

The pyrotechnics in the night was like the sky exploded into an artist's rendition of a supernova. It was bright, vivid, dazzling and simply captivating. After that, we decided to rapidly walk all the way to the Luge and have a crack at it as well. As it was my first time ever on a Luge, I was as bad as a child would say ABC in their initial attempt.

The night wasn't over yet. It was just starting.

Cramps started to tremendously set in after our long and tedious walks around the US premises. Stepping into Marche and taking a bite into Rosti was the best thing that could have happened at that time. It was heaven. The hot cheesy potato was melting into my mouth like an ice-cream on a sweltering summer afternoon. That was the moment I realized I hadn't had any food since the lunch in the morning. I was so absorbed with US that food had taken a back seat at that time. Maybe, my mind automatically said 'No' to buy any snacks seeing the cost of the water bottle there. I don't know for sure. But, Marche is sure a place that I would recommend not to miss out particularly their Rostis.

We decided to watch Kingsman in the theater and then hit the bed at the residence. A sharp shake and loud voice was telling me that it was time to go home. I had no idea when I fell asleep but when I woke up, the movie was over. DRAT my physical tiredness. It was really good until God knows when I slept through the film. Anyways, I still saw the full flick when I had the time to see it in Chennai which kindled me to atrocious levels to not to miss out Kingsman 2.

The cramps was in no mood to relent and I couldn't even take one step further. Time trickled by and slowly yet steadily, I took some baby steps and somehow managed to get out of the theater. 

It was well-past 1. No cabs in sight except a Mercedes Taxi which was smoothly sliding to a halt near us. Not knowing when the next one would arrive, we had no other alternative but to take it as my condition was getting worse by the minute.

My hopes to finish my time bound work was also dashing to pieces as I had made plans to complete it on that night once we returned from US. Given the distressing state I was in, there was absolutely one essential thing that was done - SLEEP.


                                                            X--To be Concluded--X  

No comments: