Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Sizzling Singapore - Part 2

What will you do if you have a tough and important deadline to meet in your workplace when you are on a quick jaunt?

Before answering this question, I am dead cert that you might be tearing your hair apart as to how Part 2 follows Part 3 or did I get my numbering wrong?

Well. Part 2 is indeed on the heels of Part 3 for the moment as a close look up on the title will suggest that the earlier blog was "Scintillating Singapore" and this is "Sizzling Singapore".

For those of you who had missed out Part 1.

When MLAs and MPs dilute away the exchequer with lakhs and lakhs of public money, my spending 15K from my own pocket for a round trip to Singapore is like buying an Audi for Maruthi's price! 

It was a killer deal from Tiger Airways that catapulted my first ever international trip. Though it was just a two-day affair, it had all the necessary constituents to make it an entertaining, exhilarating and enjoyable weekend.

2 DAY TRIP? SINGAPORE? ARE YOU NUTS? 

Yeah. I can distinctly hear your thunderous mental scream and judgement about me. All I can say is before you get to know all the facts, jumping to unnecessary and unwarranted conclusions is equivalent to sky-diving without a parachute!

How many of you has/had heard or seen people travelling to other cities by paying aplenty to catch up with their favorite clubs and matches? 

For instance, I am highly positive that you would have read or even committed yourself (if you are not from Mumbai!) when India played Sri Lanka in the finals of the WC held at Mumbai in 2011. It is equally applicable to all the sports and extravaganzas like IPL, international celebrities performing in selected cities or unique events happening in a major metro. Either you or your friends or relatives would have definitely attended them by spending a fortune to catch them in live as you deeply and fervently love the celebrated individual or the game action. 

If this is not crazy, then what I did was also not crazy. I love travelling. I have read, heard and seen about the marvels of Singapore on different mediums like books, movies etc. How is it going nuts if I merely cashed in on the hefty discount given by Tiger Airways?  

I have logically extended the quick national travels which usually people undergo as I had mentioned above to a short abroad fun trip as undertaken by me to Singapore. It makes perfect sense to me.

If Tiger Airways had availed such a discount then to New Zealand instead of Singapore, I would have instantly grabbed it with both hands. Sadly, it wasn't the case to be. And even if they had, I wouldn't have taken it as I had a sword hanging above my head of a deliverable by Sunday afternoon to my Product Owner so that the collateral was shared on Monday Morning to the client.

So, you mean to say that you finished the work?  I can still hear you cogitating this question in your head.

Read it in Part 3 (No, Not the earlier blog!) to find out how the events naturally unrolled and culminated itself to an exciting finish.


                                                             X--To be Concluded--X






No comments: