Monday, September 11, 2017

Scintillating Singapore - Part 1

It was time for Singapore. 

Hey wait. You said that your travel diaries were over. Where did The Lion City fit in your spiritual-adventure trip? 

I can hear crystal-clearly hear you loudly ruminating through my screen. When you are impatient, even a hospital patient loses their patience.

After losing my dad in my childhood, my mom sacrificed plenty of things to bring up my sister and myself up into well-ordered and responsible individuals in this world. Having slogged for more than 30 years with her sweat, blood and tears, she decided to call it quits from her professional life. What better way for me to give her a grand send-off to this wonderful woman than taking her on a well-deserved treat to Singapore. But why Singapore? Once again, Patience is the key which can unlock any Godrej Lock also!

As Genting Highlands was closed due to renovation, it didn't make sense to me to visit Malaysia by just taking photos @ KL and visiting the Murugan Temple when one of the major attractions wasn't there in the itinerary. Hence, it was an out and out Singapore Only trip for the complete duration with Makemytrip.com.

From my previous experiences, I knew that I had to utilize the full time properly during our stay there. The fantastic Makemytrip.com representative @ Nungambakkam,Chennai was kind enough to give a chock full schedule and a couple of days to explore the place with their assistance or on our own. 

Likewise, I was extremely focused that it was a pure waste of money to spend on a 4-Star or 5-Star accommodation when you're going to be out for most of the day and return to hit the sack in the night. At the same time, I also knew that if I were alone, I can stay even in a cramped or dingy place to sleep. Since my mom was also with me, a decent place to rest coupled with a walkable distance to Veg Indian restaurants was my absolute pre-requisite to the soft-spoken and friendly representative. 

Finally, she closed in on Cherryloft Serviced Apartments near Little India. A quick search on the net gave me the necessary details and reviews about our supposed residing place. I had no problems in the serviced apartments but since this trip was primarily to give my mom a memorable and an unforgettable experience, I ensured that the serviced apartment wasn't bad or even worst.

Courtesy the Makemytrip.com representative, Cherryloft was more than satisfactory when we checked into it after we landed in Singapore. Right from Komalas to Murugan Idly Shop, the restaurants were within the vicinity @ a brisk 15-20 minute walk. Yep. My pre-requisites were met.

It was time to grab a mighty slice of indelible memories from the place which was more like a Second Chennai - a second home - to me rather than an alien place where people spoke their own language that is understood exclusively to them.

                                                   
                                                               X--To be Conluded--X

No comments: