Thursday, September 10, 2015

Connexion!!

Edward Bono would have been one of the happiest persons in this world if he were to be alive today. Though he is widely recognized and regarded as the person who coined the term "lateral thinking", he has also specifically emphasized on structured creativity as an effective medium of creativity and communication. In fact, based on his radically foundation ideas and my own understanding of what he had tried to convey through structured creativity, my previous blog was written in my own style.

So, what is the connection between the first paragraph and my previous blog ?

Simple. I forgot to add an epilogue in my previous blog to thank Edward Bono for his untiring contribution to the world of creativity through his dedicated research. Lateral Thinking has helped many people and organizations to come out of their normal thought process that has been serving as a severe obstacle in our day to day thinking.

Now, coming back to the first line "Edward Bono would have been the happiest person in this world ." Would he have been so extremely happy to receive a simple epilogue from a virtually unknown stranger to thank him ? Definitely. Not a chance!! However, he would have been immensely happy to see the practical application of his lateral thinking concept through Connexion! 

Connexion is a game show hosted in Vijay TV wherein a series of images are shown and the participants are asked to decipher the common words, starting sentence of a song, movie's name, a famous personality etc that are inherently hidden and depicted through the visuals. The main challenge is that the connection between the images are so profound and deep (simple relationships are also occasionally given) that is difficult to uncover the right association between the images within the stipulated time and come up with the correct answer. The show really tests the spontaneity and the ability of the extra ordinary lateral thinking process of the participant to get the answers bang on target for the questions displayed. Though the quiz master gives out certain clues to ease out the puzzling and perplexing looks on the participants when they are interpreting and solving a particular question, the answer is still difficult to comprehend unless the right association to the interrelationship is pieced together and sorted out properly.

Overall, Connexion is a very lively and interesting game show. I was actually introduced to this show during the lunch hour discussion at my work place. Finally, I went to work after a week's worth of bed rest and recovery from the accident. Limping in pain, sitting and having my lunch , my colleagues wanted to distract me from my pain and had started a conversation which landed up with Connexion rather unexpectedly. I was completely fascinated by the concept of the game show. As soon as I came back home from work yesterday, I watched the programme on Youtube. Needless to say, I was quite amazed by the difficulty level of the questions.  One can easily find out the answers. But, the timeframe that is given to figure out the tie-in between the images and unscramble the answer is indeed an uphill task. Hats off to the show producers especially the guys who are involved to create such creative questions for pulling of such a stunning show in a very seamless manner amidst the always and never-ending, teary-eyed mega serial killers!

Epilogue:
I knew I had forgotten to give the epilogue to my previous blog. I was wondering how I can purge myself of the guilt as the idea of structured creativity rightfully belongs to the great Edward Bono. Wondering how I can set things right, it was then I saw Connexion. Things just hit me like a violent typhoon. As soon as I saw my ever show, instantly I came up with the bright 1000 watts idea to link up my previous blog with my new blog using the concept of Connexion - Lateral Thinking!

No comments: