Thursday, June 30, 2016

Little Italy - Always BIG in taste..!

Little Italy is one of my favorite ristorante whenever I have the feel and need to have the sumptuous Italian cuisine. The experience is consistently top notch on every occasion. I was near Anna Nagar when the alarm bells started to loudly honk in my tummy. Fortunately, there is a Little Italy and without any iota of hesitation, I simply went straight into the parking lot and up the lift to put the ringing bells at rest.

I wanted to try out their buffet to have a totally different ball game this time around. The spread included 2 welcome drinks - Musk Melon and Lemon Juices were available on that day. You have the liberty to replenish your glasses as many times and as much as possible with the welcome drinks to quench your parching throats with the healthy juices. There is an exclusive live salad counter where the choice of choosing the salad is yours. I left it to the food preparer to make my salad in the best possible way after painstakingly selecting the ingredients in my plate. Needless to say, it was really one of the awesomatic salads I had in my life.

The entrees included Soup, Garlic Bread, Bruschetta and Tortilla chips with Salsa. A special mention to the Garlic Bread - it was supremely fresh out of the oven, extremely soft, deliciously cheesy, gracefully melted like an ice in the mouth and will literally make you scream for more sticks.

I was already almost full by then itself when the cameriere gave me a many-a-page menu card to choose my main course. Little Italy has a separate a la carte for the normal dining and buffet. The Buffet menu template has a fixed assemblage of Pizzas, Risottos, Lasagnas, Pastas, Enchiladas and Quesadillas and we can maximum order two items from this set of diversified portfolio for the main meal. The White Pasta (I forgot its name) was extraordinarily rich and creamy that I couldn't eat more than half as the waiter brought in the Risotto as well. I just took some spoonfuls of the wonderfully looking and tasty Risotto and then I was like why-the-hell-did-I have-the appetizers-that much.

The desserts comprised of cakes, sweets and fruit cuts. In the end, I felt like a Kumbakarnan by having six months' worth of food in only one course!

Oh, by the way, you might think that the cost would be really expensive for such a tremendous spread of an immensely enjoyable buffet. On the contrary, it is very competitively priced @ Rs 499/, inclusive of all taxes, during the weekdays which is indeed a throwaway bargain for a place serving exceptional food and phenomenal service as Little Italy.

PS:
A word to  the wise: When you go as group of 4 or 6, you can easily try out the entire stack of their splendid scrumptious menu @ 499! 

No comments: