Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Ciclo Cafe - Pedalling to a Palatable Ride

Seated in the comfy, well-lit and India's first cycle themed cafe, a flood of nostalgic memories struck me like Lord Krishna's Sudarshan Chakra! Until my food was served, I was transported to my childhood days where cycles were an integral part of my life - cycle races, commute to school in my first light roadster and go on long rides during the weekends by chatting to friends with the gentle wind blowing strongly in my unkempt hair. Ahh! Whooshhhh!! The waiter suddenly braked into my train or cycle! of sweet memories by spreading the cutleries on the table and serving the Bruschetta along with my Virgin Pina Colada. The strong whiff of the real tyres charmingly compensated for the borderline-okayish Bruschetta, which could have been a lot better, but the Pina Colada was smashing. 

I was more interested in the place than the food. The entire place was a cycle haven and it was indeed a heaven for all the avid cyclists. Ciclo cafe was delightfully pleasant to the eyes with their decor - right from the menu card which was extremely creatively in the form of a newspaper to the wall-mounted cycles, hangings of wheels, pictures, photos, gears etc. I was having a great time by visualizing the feel of cycling inside the cafe without the cycle! Once again, the waiter chose an inopportune moment to speed bump in my literal cycle of thoughts and feelings by bringing in the Arrabiata Penne Pasta.

Whenever I see the Penne Pasta, I have a mighty strong uncontrollable and insatiable urge to loudly sing Simbu's "Loosu PENNE" but due to Divine Interventions, I somehow manage to curb that ravenous desire to sing that dreadfully punny song! Overlooking the I-am-going-to-kill-you expression for the joke of a song, the Arrabiata Pasta was extremely good peppered with the right touch of piquancy. It certainly gave me the much needed zing to the other wise disappointing Bruschetta. The serving was well-timed as if they had a stop watch and a timer synchronized to keep track of their promptness! It is really good. It's only that the penchant for my long lost art of cycling which made me to feel that I was being rudely interrupted! I slowly turned the pages of the menu page for the dessert just as I used to turn my monster on wheels - with care and attentiveness. 

It was then I went on a Burj Khalifa-esque high! The Salted Caramel Cheese Cake simply blasted me out of my senses. With every bit of the bite, the Cheese Cake drove or pedalled! me into an insane mode of positive madness. I was like "Give me another of this gorgeous beauty for no charge". Despite the fact that even in an ideal world my wish will not be fulfilled, the Salted Caramel Cheese Cake was pure bliss and warms the cockles of your heart when you sink into the experience and savor every last piece of the mouth-watering glory.

Last but not the least, before signing off from this beautiful place, I went for a stroll in the ground floor and you can find all kinds of imported and premium brands like Bianchi, Schwinn,Cannondale etc. besides the accessories. The staffs were not shooting in the dark but were highly knowledgeable. In fact, they went to the extreme that they can possibly have a bespoke bike for my friend if I can give them his height accurately when I told them that my friend is looking for a Schwinn that would match his tallness. I know where to pitstop from next time whenever I feel the need to have a light snack. Do you?  . 



No comments: