Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Food Street: A Yum-Yum Relaxed Walk - Part 2

Having reached the place pretty early, it was time for a quick survey to get the hang and feel of the place. Just a couple of turns and you find yourself that the street has come to a rapid end. But, the packedness of the variety of food outlets compensates and triumphs its size. Also, many of them were closed when I had arrived there and the cooking operations were due to be in full swing only by 6pm. Yep. That's a blinking notification to be really aware if you were to roam through this place - solo or with your better half or your family.

As I never had Misal Pav in my life, my first tryst was to try it out under one of the Chaat Roofs. I was literatim breaking the bread. With myself. By dipping it in a hot and spicy kind of soup. As it was my first ever time, I had no other idea whether it's the best or the worse thing but the one I had was decent.

Wanting to douse the flaming sensation, due to the spicy hot accompaniment to the bread, on my taste buds and mouth (Nope! Not Ulcer!), there was an unusually colored parlor called Jigar Rose which had rose-colored lights to match their name. After ordering a Blue-Berry (BB) Slush, I patiently waited and in the meantime, I was catching up with the almost-over India Vs Sri Lanka Match. The BB was the perfect chilling recipe to soothe the volcanic burning feel then.

With nothing else to do before the lights came up and the atmosphere was imbued with the chitter-chatter of the multitude of crowds on a Sunday evening, a good lightbulb flashed in my brain that I was on the OMR road. The sun was setting down. The weather was pleasantly cool. It was the right time to have a good drive along the road until it was close to the dinner moment.

Mind you. I still had to travel a long way (Read: at least two hours subjected to traffic conditions) back home from the Food Street. Thus, I had to have an early dinner with the correct mix of driving on the OMR and returning to it so that I could sink in my teeth at my comfortable pace and make my way back home. Working out the timing and implementing it instantly was of the critical and vital essence just like in Cricket when the ball hits the sweet spot and it flies (Without wings! Yayy!) to the boundary. 

Vrrooom. U-Turn. Vrrooom. Yeah. Now, I am back on Food Street again for super supper. eeeeeeeee! :) :)      

I wanted to have an eclectic array of food choice than being stuck with a set menu of Soup to Desserts.

For starters, pun intended, the potato swirls with Jalapeno Sauce was the proper beginning in a Mexican Restaurant. Followed by the new entrant Paratha with a queer and funny name - Chilli Milli Gilli (CMG). True. I ordered it because the name was an outright giggle else I would have settled in on another Paratha with a Paneer Touch. I knew that I will be having the Paneer when I go there the next time with my cousins. Of course, with their parents' permissions. Hence, I nicely nibbled on the CMG. It was refreshingly satisfying in taste as well as reducing the hunger gap.  

It was a toss-up between a fine dessert and momos. And, I finalized the latter for the chief reason that it was extremely inexpensive for 5 pieces. And, it was good too. Finished the Gastronomic Hedonism with quite a big glass of Orange Soda to have a enjoyable square meal at the Food Street.

Whether I might go again or not, it largely depends with my cousins. But, on that day, I had a fulfilling time immersed in nature.


                                                                     X---Concluded---X

PS:

If you are going as a group of 4-7, a budget around 300-400** is more than enough provided you share everything with everyone

** --> Terms and Conditions strictly apply to Vegetarians who eat veg food only.

  



  

No comments: