Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Foodie's World Tour Combo - A Visitor's Paradise!

Just when I thought of treating myself to a yet another luxuriant 'Delhi Highway' lunch @ a dirt cheap price of Rs. 199 , a bright green sign board caught my bespectacled eyes. New Yorker was offering their own lunch buffet. As I had already tried the delicious DH meal once, my tired legs automatically walked towards the entrance of New Yorker.

Since I have already been there at the New Yorker, I am taking the luxury to skip the lecture on their decor or the ambience or the service. My full focus is going to be only on the food and nothing but the food.

As I sat down in one of their twin-chaired table, the order taker promptly gave me the a la carte to cherry pick my dishes. I had already made up my mind that I was to shelve the menu card to the side on that particular day and taste their buffet menu for a change. In a matter of seconds, literally and figuratively, the waitperson brought me another menu card displaying the buffet options - Indian and World. It was a sit down buffet and there was a subset within them - Regular and Jain. 

Opting for a World Regular, I had the liberty to choose my dishes from the options available infront of me. Before placing the final order, I had requested the waiter to bring me the Mango Chilli Margarita.  

The soup variety had two choices and the server brought me Mexican Tomato Soup. Tortilla Chips were floating on the fairly good stimulant soup. In the mean time, my tangerine Mango Chilli Margarita also made a colourful entrance to the table. One sip was all it took to go bonkers over the drink. It was wickedly wonderful. The salt sprinkled at the brim of the cup and the lemon together with the chilli coupled with the mango taste was nothing short of heaven and left me craving for more of this nectar.

After thoroughly enjoying the drink, the 2 slices of Bruschetta along with Taco (it was a fight between Taco and Falafel and the former won the bout) were kept on the table. The Bruschetta was simply outstanding with its soft, cheesy base. The Taco was satisfactory. 

Once again, it was a battle of difficult choices as I had to choose between the 2 varieties of Pasta offered. I went in for The Pasta Supremo. Though the pasta did not quite live up to its name, the 2 mini slices of cute Pizza compensated for the Supremo's exquisiteness.  

My stomach was already delightfully swimming with the plethora of international cuisines when the waiter brought me a cup with a scoop of Vanilla icecream topped with rainbow sprinkles.

After a dizzy lunch @ a very reasonable and competent price, it was time for me to say "Hasta la Vista, Baby".  

No comments: