Monday, January 25, 2016

Premam - Cuteness overloaded with lots of extra love

MAAVA..MAAVA...LOLMAXXXXXXXXXXXXXX......Henceforth,whenever someone mentions JAVA to me or to anyone else in front of me, my immediate and spontaneous reaction will be to burst out laughing internally with a big grin on my face outside and nod to their explanation on whatever they were telling prior to mentioning JAVA. 

So, is it the only hilarious scene in the movie? NOOOOO (Screaming literally!). When George tells his friends that Malar is going to teach them how to dance for the cultural fest, they simply nod and look at her to see whether what he said was true. But, when Malar was still immersing herself to the tune of the music and showed no sign to dance, their face clearly showed that Malar had made a fool out of George. Later, when she takes a couple of steps forward and puts in her quick and complicated steps to the beats, they were not just taken aback with surprise by her dance movements but also were rendered speechless with George breaking the monotony of silence by asking her to teach them only simple steps. However, it is that priceless moment of flabbergasted expressions etched upon their faces that simply made me to freeze the screen and watch the scene over and over again just like how I used to sit in awe and watch again and again without getting bored whenever Sachin strikes a full-blooded straight drive. 

Are these the only scenes that are hilarious? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO (Screaming loudly and clearly now!). The entire movie is simply and purely laced and laden with lots of funny moments and these 2 scenes are just at the top for me.

Review for Premam: I have no idea now where to start and what to say but it has already started with the fact the the film is downright and unadulteratedly humorous that it will tickle your ribs to the extent that your ribs start aching so painfully that you need to visit the doctor after the movie! Scenes involving Mary and her dad, JAVA teacher and Malar, George's sheepish grins when he sees his love at different points in time and not to mention the dialogues added the extra spice to the whole ingredient.

Nevertheless, be it George, Mary, Malar, George Friends, JAVA teacher or even George's father who comes only for a scene but literally steals the show by lambasting the principal, every character in the movie is so well-chosen and handpicked that it did not feel like I was watching a movie at all. All their performances including the kid Celine were so natural and genuine that it evoked in me a strong sense of sincere warmth towards the complete cast. 

If I am saying that it is only the cast and humor that are the highlights of Premam, then I am committing a cardinal sin for which even Jesus would turn his face away from me. Songs especially the soul-stirring Malare was simply outstanding. I was transported and lost myself in an elysian world of time and space in my own emotions and feelings when I was listening to this beautiful rendition. The BGM particularly in the second act when George comes with his full grown beard in college was peppy and high on energy that it was a dynamic dynamite of a background score by the composer.   

Though the basic premise of Premam is somewhat similar to the Tamil movie 'Autograph' by Cheran, the handling of the subject is totally 180 degree contrast to the storyline of Autograph. Likewise, the director had also ensured that no stones were left unturned. Just when I was wondering what exactly happened to the conversation between the school George and kid Celine, another scene pops up (humor is of course there also) in the end credits thus neatly tying up all the loose ends to give a wonderful and power-packed entertainment that will definitely guarantee a big smile on everyone's face when they finish watching the film.

PS:
I am so so so so so so so sadddddddddddd that I had missed out on this really good feel-good and zippy film all this while and that I had to write the review only today after watching it.   

No comments: