Monday, January 25, 2016

New Yorker - Yummy Yummier Yummiest

As I was travelling on the KNK road for my personal reasons, my stomach began to rumble and growl like a distant thunder and suddenly I felt that rats were skipping, jogging and running in my tummy. A swift nonchalant glance at my Fast track watch displayed the time to be close to 12. Then, I remembered that I did not have my breakfast either. KNK road has no dearth for restaurants. But, the problem which posed me at that critical juncture was to choose which restaurant to satiate the grumbling rats in my belly. Like an expert soldier on the Indo-Pak border, I quickly scanned the place for a good place to sink my teeth in. It was then New Yorker caught my attention which was just diagonally opposite to CCD square and next to Amadora. As ever, let's-just-walk-in and see how-the-food-is attitude made  me to park my vehicle outside to venture into New Yorker.

I was greeted in by a quick fun fact on New Yorker about their history when I was climbing the stairs to the first floor. The ambience was nifty and spacious with lots of sunshine streaming into the place where I was seated. The service was more than prompt. They were very courteous and pleasant. Now, it was time for the food to impress me.

Sliding through the items one by one with a rapid browsing on all the pages of the A la carte revealed that New Yorker offered Lebanese, Italian, Mexican and Indian cuisines and the fact that it was a ONLY vegetarian was an additional bonus to me as I need not have to be overly cautious to not to order a non-vegetarian dish by mix up and mistake! So, I went ahead and ordered the Chef's special - Manhattan French Fries as starter and an Orange Fizzy drink to start my course. For main course, I went ahead with Mexican Beans Tacos as I was unsure how much French fries they would be serving me.

A Nataraj pencil was placed before me and I couldn't resist to solve the puzzles in front of me till the time they brought in the ordered items. By the time I was solving the puzzles in 10 minutes time, French fries and Orange Fizzy drink were served. OMG! The French Fries were out of the world. It was so god damn good that I completely indulged myself without even realizing that Tacos were placed on my table. It was simply amazing with the nachos cheese sauce. I was feeling giddy after diving into the fries and poking every stick by dipping them into the sauce and placing it in my mouth. I was literally relishing the delicious experience. After I felt that the French fries itself had silenced the rats in my tum, I still proceeded with the Tacos so as not to waste it. The tacos were wonderfully presented with lettuce and cabbage. But, as I was completely reeling under the heaviness of the Chef's special, I couldn't get myself engaged with the tacos as much as I had enjoyed my time with the fries. Nonetheless, the tacos were good and the Orange Fizzy drink ensured that it provided the right proportion of zing and tanginess to my taste buds.

Overall, New Yorker is a place which I would love to visit once again to indulge in their rich and scrumptious dishes. Oh! One more important thing. You need to forget the price column when you are choosing and selecting your desired cuisine.


No comments: