Sunday, June 10, 2018

A Day Out With The One and Only Super Star - Part 4

When you have had an intellectually and emotionally satisfying film, what's the next course of action?

Of course, if not satiate then at least meet the physical requirements of the body's demands so that it effectively functions.

There are 1000s of restaurants in Chennai. But, since you have come out watching a good Thalaivar movie, wouldn't it be suitably appropriate and tailored to the occasion if I weren't able to sink my teeth on the lines of a Super Star themed outlet?

No Fret for me.

As there was already one in Chennai (Read: Prior due diligence was done by me on the previous day!), I was able to reach the place without any hiccups.

The moment you enter the small joint which is located at a stone's throw away from the Bessie Beach, you are immediately flooded with Rajnikanth's yesteryear's classy and cool portraits on the left with a big painting/image of 'Thillu Mullu' Rajni on the right to welcome you.

Of course, Selfie time. But, while dispersing.

Good Start to the place though.

There is always a popular Super Star song playing in the background (Rajni-themed restaurant.. Obviously!) with punch dialogues inscribed near a gloriously looking picture of Rajnikanth exactly across my table. 

Starting with a Strawberry Soda & Fried Cheesy Fingers, the place is a heaven for all Super Star lovers as there were extremely cute animated images of Rajnikanth of all shapes and sizes beautifully imprinted on circular plates which were hanging just above my head. 

The aplenty cheesy fingers were more than I could have had and the rest were doggy-bagged. The crispiness of the taste was okay. And, there are no complaints regarding the Soda as well.

But, the Tandoori Paneer Sandwich had a tad too much salt which ruined the otherwise healthy mix of vegetables and sauces in it. 

The worst was yet to come. 

The Penne Arabiatta was so spicy that it was like licking a spoonful of reddish-orange flowing volcanic lava which is enough to burn one's mouth. My taste buds, which are usually tolerant to spicy foods, just couldn't handle (or tonguele) the vast amounts of chili flakes in it.

It was like the chef had emptied the entire repository of chili flakes into the recipe!

Yep.

It was a recipe for disaster. On that particular day when I paid, pun intended, a visit.

Maybe, it could be better on another day with the proper palatable edibility. 

I don't know.

But, you just can't let the one item spoil the rest of the good things in the restaurant, right?

Mistakes happen. All of us are not Gods.

Okay, at least me.

Overlooking that blip, SuperStar Pizza is a must-visit place if you are a die-hard or normal or even neutral fan of Thalaivar where you can hang out with your friends and immerse in the never-ending exciting experience called Rajnikanth. 

                                                               X---Concluded---X

PS 1:

They have some really tongue-in-cheek and uber-cool names for their menu which will positively leave a big smile on your face as you are reading or scanning them on the a la carte.

PS 2:

Nope.

The title was not click-baiting.

I never said anywhere or indicated even remotely that I spent quality time with the REAL Super Star in person. 

All my title reads are:

"A Day Out With The One and Only Super Star".

And, going and judging by the day where I spent a heavy and significant chunk of my time with Kaala and then with the SuperStar Pizza outlet,  I am telling the truth that it was indeed a day out with the one and only Super Star.

I am only responsible for what I say and not for anything that's inferred by anyone.

No comments: