Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sigree Global Grill – An extremely delectable and rich experience!


It was more than 6 years ago since I met one of my best friends from my Engineering days. I met him one last time in our verdant campus before he left for his native Tirunelveli. He completed his Masters in Dehradun while I was doing mine in Coimbatore. Though both of us were in the two extreme parts of the country, we still maintained and sustained our friendship through various means - FB, Mails and Calls. I felt the telecom operator would have raked in a fortune because of us during this period! So, when he arrived in Chennai, I was more than excited to him in person after all this while. We decided to meet up in Sigree Global Grill as it was very close my friend's place. Barring the sudden downpour on a pleasant Saturday morning, I braved my way towards Thuraipakkam with my friend. I have heard quite a lot from my friends about this place. Obviously, positive else we wouldn't have chosen this place for our get together. But, there was a kick that was going in at the back of my mind as I knew that this place was always swarming with people and that a reservation is more than a mandate to gain access to this place during the weekends. Fortunately, we were more than well in time before the crowd began to trickle in by throngs!

After occupying our seats comfortably, we were welcomed in with a welcome drink! Then, the servers brought in the barbecues after enquiring our preferences - veg and non-veg. A couple of their working party ensured that the veg delicacies were correctly served to me and non-veg to my friend. I was particularly impressed with the tandoori pineapple. When my friend and I were chewing the cud as well as chewing the food, the starters were steaming in one by one. It took us more than an hour to finish our entree. We were casually engaged and lost ourselves in a trip down the memory lane and at the same time, we were slowly and thoroughly enjoying every last piece of the food - Sweet Potatoes, Paneer and Mushroom Grill, Bread platter and Mineral Water! After having a taste of all the appetizers, we decided that the time was ripe to move on to the main course.

As I was gently strolling towards the main course arena, the Pasta & Pizza counter grabbed my attention as even the most popular and famous Barbecue Nation did not have one! After the initial reconnaissance of all the veg main courses and the dessert spread, I was up for the challenge to have a taste of all the items that were included in our prices excluding the taxes! I do not remember the exact names that were labelled on the steaming vessels but there was Naan, Parsley rice, Tomato veggies, Dal, Salads, Fryums, Paneer Butter Masala, Biriyani and Curd Rice. Like how we used to have pickles, I filled out my entire plate with such a quantity covering all the items. Finally, our main course ended up with the veg spaghetti carefully chosen by my friend. My stomach was literally and metaphorically bursting at the intestines!

Just like the innings break during IPL matches, we were completely reeling under the heavy lunch minus the desserts. We took some selfies to kill the time and also to break down the food in the stomach! It took us more than 15 minutes to even stand up from our seats and proceed towards the mouth-watering dessert section. Gulab Jamuns, Kheer, Ice creams with toppings, Tiramisu, Mousses and Cakes. When all was said and done, it was time for us to bid adieu to each other and also to Sigree Grill after paying our bills. The Sigree squad gave us a warm and polite farewell with the soft and gentle music playing in the background

Epilogue:
The food was indeed worthy of a King & Queen though the prices were on a higher side. If it had been a tad less by Rs. 100 for both veg and non-veg, then I am really sure that the reservations in Sigree would be completely booked in advance for the month.


No comments: